The colors for the week were two pinks and and orange. I already had these colors in my stash of fabric that I have dyed, so that made it easier to finish.
I layered light pink, then orange, and on the top dark pink. I put all three fabrics on top of the batting and backing fabric. I free motion stitched a pattern in black thread. The black really helped the colors to pop. Then I cut away bits of the top two layers to reveal the other colors. Over time the edges will fray a bit more and look even better. I love the rough frayed edges and leave them that way in my work quite a bit. I don't like things to always be perfect. That fits right in with my style of art quilting. This is a wall hanging too, so it doesn't have to stand up to washing.