This week my oldest daughter came home from her university for a few days and my youngest celebrated his birthday. Around all this activity my family was dealing with colds and tummy bugs too. All in all I have had two great weeks and hope to continue on with a lovely spring season.
We used crepe de chine 12mm that had been treated with sizing to better control the flow of the dyes. We used H. Dupont Dyes which bond to the silk fiber when they are steam set. The colors are beautiful and easy to use. Here is one place that you can buy these dyes: http://www.dharmatrading.com/dyes/dupont-silk-dyes-french-silk-dyes.html
This first piece was the practice piece that I did to get used to the process and how the dyes would work.